7.30.2009

da jiu jitsu.

i know that no one cares about brazilian jiu jitsu, but i also know that no one probably reads this anyways so...
my jiu jitsu game has finally come to a new level after plateauing for a good 6 months or so. my transitions are tight, my positional control combined with my new fatass
weight has become a new threat to be reckoned with, my butterfly guard sweeps and my armbars whether they be from the guard, inverted, from the gogoplata position, from side control transition to far side armbar, etc...are my new weapons of choice. things that i need to work on: chokes, wrist locks, ankle locks, and turtle guard.

anyways...a few weeks back before my japan trip i went to the 200
9 south bay brazilian jiu jitsu open. i came, i saw and i conquered. nothing feels better than getting your arm raised knowing that you just kicked the other guy's ass and also knowing that he knows it too. highlights: going without a corner man because my professor had family in town, eating a flame broiler teriyaki bowl an hour before my fights and still winning, instilling fear into my divsion that hopefully lasts well into next year and...my first flying submission in competition (flying triangle transition to armbar)! number 15 on my 100 things you should do before reaching black belt list...check! got my third stripe on my blue belt and the purple belt should come within a year from now or less. dare i say future black belt mundials champion...

official results finally posted

with my san diego daddy, he's so proud of me :tear:, haha


No comments: